Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Me, Nikki the Nurse and Justin the Doctor up Kalene Hill at Sunset.

I am back at Kalene Hospital and back to business! I arrived at 4pm yesterday and by 11pm had seen my first breech extraction, helped resuscitate the baby and seen an emergency c-section on a tiny woman with a rather large baby. Baby was OP presentation and in distress. It was interesting estimating the extent of late decals with only a doppler and no CTG monitor. (that was lots of med speak for baby stuck and heart rate decreasing which is not good!) Both babies and mums were doing fine this morning.

Tomorrow is Christmas day so there will be presents and a special lunch for the patients. We will have our Christmas celebrations on the 26th.

God's blessings on you all. I hope you have a peaceful and safe Christmas.

2 comments:

theKiwi said...

Merry Christmas to you and your Mum - and to everyone else there that I don't even know.

Cheers

Cousin Roger

Grandma said...

Good to see your blog and enjoying pictures. Steve set this up so I can follow it easily.
Grandma